Monday, January 6, 2014

Egg Carton quilt progress

Although Bonnie Hunter was my first quilt designer crush I have another crush on Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts.
The pattern called Egg Carton quilt is in her book titled Scrappy Firework Quilts.


I love 1 1/2" strips, squares and small units of course. And after lots of seams you end up with a much larger unit. And Edyta uses batiks and cottons in my personal color pallet. Yummy!!


This is just half of the blocks I made. I have enough for two smaller quilts.


When I am not sewing I am crocheting. And here is Lucky claiming my place in the recliner last night. Sleeping upright until I snapped the photo.

We are surviving minus 15 temps with minus 45 wind chills. I have filled the bird/squirrel feeder with generous amounts of high calorie food. House is snug with rugs at the doors blocking any cold air seeping in. We have lots of quilts and lots of food. Parts of our small town lost power last night. Our power has been flickering but has remained on. The snow heavy tree branches and high winds are not powerline friendly!

XOXOXO Subee

7 comments:

Tami C said...

I like inch and a half strips as well. Your work is looking really good. Lucky looked so comfortable sitting there!

Heather said...

They are my two favorite designers as well...in fact, I just received a set of Edyta's books for Christmas. I'll be following you closely as you work through her projects for inspiration! Are you planning on doing the appliqué bits as well?

jude's page said...

Thinking of you as we are about to head into high temps next week of over 40deg (over the 100F) here in down under!

Feathers in my Nest said...

So pretty.....Are you not doing Celtic Solstice? Mmmm....I'm taking my 18 B blocks apart to change the chevron direction...I like the star pattern better..Stay warm & Cozy SueBee..

Mary said...

You can have the 1.5", I find them a real challenge. I totally abandoned one project I was working on with them, don't know if I will go back to it. Glad you are keeping warm. We are at -20C and having a heck of a time persuading the cats they shouldn't go out. As it is, they have developed a respiratory infection, something I didn't realize cats could get.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love Edyta's quilts too; yours are simply wonderful! Stay warm, these temperatures being reported are wicked!! Your kitty looks quite cozy~

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Oh, how I love those scrappy blocks; well done, Sue!