Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Crocheting up a storm

I sure miss sewing. I have not been able to lose myself in quilting since the loss of our Macy. Even Pearl is still calling for her. Macy left a mighty big hole.

 And I am a Happy Hooker as the cup says. I am happy with the 20 ounce mug. I bought two mugs. One for me and one for my friend Victoria.

Yarn all over the place. Many different projects. My head cannot seem to concentrate of sewing so I am crocheting.


This is a Face Book block challenge. I finally have all the 20 blocks made. It was a challenge getting the blocks all the same size. And working with different colors of the same brand of yarn makes a big difference in the finished size. I used Red Heart Super Saver yarn. I use this yarn mostly for slippers. It seems a bit coarse for an afghan.

Evidence that I have 2 of each block design. But my project sure lacks the "groove" of the ones I have seen done. Perhaps when I add the joining yarn and a few borders mine will be a keeper!!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Hi there - just imagine that all those cloths are hugs - hugging you all day long.

julieQ said...

Loving your crocheting, and I am so sorry about you missing your sweet baby..I would be lost too without mine.