Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Bonnie's Idaho Square Dance blocks

Oh Bonnie. You have snared me again. I have 51 of these beauties made. I exhausted all the 3 piece units that I had made a few weeks ago. Those were Leader and Enders as I worked on Libby's Log Cabin from a Fons and Porter Love of Quilting magazine pattern..



Actually I think I am working on 4 quilts at the same time. They all use variations of 1 1/2" squares sewn into units.
I am working on a version that combines Bonnie Hunter's and Edtya Sitar's pattern. I am not giving measurements as I do not want to break any copyright issues. There should be lots of info on this sew-a-long on Bonnie's Yahoo group and on the Face Book group.
Some units are just anything I pull from the box. Other units are color coordinated. That way helps me overcome some OCD issues like being too matchy matchy. Another group is all children fabrics I find as sorting through the squares. I think I have 101 of those made so far.


Some units are just going to be 4-patches. Some will be 16 patches and others will be 25 patches...cannot see the end of my deep box of  1 1/2" squares.


2 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

i'd say you found your mojo subee...LOL

Teri said...

I don't think there is ever an end to the 1 1/2" square box.